It’s that time of year again… Flowers are blooming, birds are chirping and you are waiting in anticipation to find out if your bank account will be happy or sad. That’s right, it’s tax season! Hopefully, if the IRS and State were nice to you this year, you received some dollar bills that you can put towards the “Treat Yourself” fund. Here are 5 ways to spend your tax refund, in style!
1. Go on a small-budget trip or cruise. You deserve to get away from your everyday routine and have fun! Get your girls together and explore somewhere new. Places like Mexico or Costa Rica are affordable if you do the right research. You’ll have fun in the sun without breaking the bank.
2. Buy a new outfit. The Bekka sandals with the Crochet Tie Front Romper are must-have essentials this summer! Complete this adorable look with the Milo backpack and Pineapple Express earrings. Who’s ready for a pina colada?!
3. Get a haircut. Take a trip to the salon for a well-deserved cut, color and style. You know you’ve been dreaming of that perfect Instagram-inspired balayage. Just do it. Splurge, girl. Remember… we’re in treat yourself mode here.
4. Take a class. Whether it’s Photoshop, Cooking 101 or the History of Beyoncé, it never hurts to enrich yourself and gain a little more knowledge. After all, knowledge is power.
5. Throw a party, just because. If you have that inner “hostess with the mostess” mentality but haven’t been able to afford to unleash it, now’s the time to put those Pinterest boards to good use! Don’t even hold back at your next trip to the market. Indulge in some artisan cheese and cured meats to create a picturesque charcuterie board. Get a bottle of wine that costs more than $8. Buy $30 worth of macarons from the fancy French bakery downtown. This is your time to shine!
What will you be spending your tax return on this year?