The 4th of July is almost here, which means a day of fun, fireworks, and lots of sun. While the barbecue is going and the heat is rising, you’re going to want to reach for something to cool you down. Enter these sweet treats. Inspired by the classic “rocket popsicle” this yummy frozen pop is jam-packed with healthy superfoods.
All you’ll need is some fruit, coconut water, and coconut milk. Coconut water is packed with electrolytes that help prevent dehydration, making these popsicles the perfect treat to keep you happy and hydrated while you celebrate our country’s independence!
• 1 six-popsicle mold set
• 1 cup coconut water, plus more as needed
• 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
• 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
• 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
• 1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. For the strawberry layer – blend frozen strawberries with 1/2 cup coconut water in a blender until slushy. Add more coconut water as needed. Pour an even layer into each popsicle mold and let freeze until just set, about 45 minutes.
2. For the coconut layer – combine coconut milk and shredded coconut in a blender until thick and creamy. Pour evenly over the strawberry layer and let set in the freezer for 30 minutes. We want this to be slightly softer than the first layer so we can get the popsicle stick through the middle of the layer.
3. For the blueberry layer – blend frozen blueberries with 1/2 cup coconut water in a blender until slushy. Add more coconut water as needed. Pour an even layer into each mold and push the popsicle stick through the center. Let set for at least an hour, or overnight.
4. To remove popsicles, run each mold under hot water for about 15 seconds until you’re able to wiggle it free and enjoy.
We dare you to eat just one of these healthy treats. How will you be celebrating independence day? Happy 4th!