I don’t know about you, but no matter what time of day it is, I love to snack. With summer (aka – bikini season!) right around the corner, it’s time to say no to potato chips and channel your inner health guru. In honor of National Nutrition Month, here are some healthy, guilt-free (but still yummy!) snacks to get you through the day.
1. Green smoothie – Blend spinach, watercress, kale, green apple, banana, mint, cucumber, lemon juice, water and ice. It looks intimidating, but it’s delicious, I promise. This is a great way to start the day, and it makes me feel wide awake in the morning!
2. Mixed berries – Mix strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries in a bowl – no sugar necessary! Plus it looks really pretty.
3. Greek yogurt and oats – Combine plain Greek yogurt, oats, sliced almonds, lemon juice and honey for the perfect post-breakfast snack.
4. Bananas, apples and almond butter – Self-explanatory and simply delightful.
5. Tomato, beet and goat cheese salad – Slice up tomatoes and beets, drizzle balsamic vinaigrette on top and enjoy with a small side of goat cheese. Add some baby spinach to add some greens!
6. Edamame – Simple as that! Add a pinch of sea salt for flavor.
7. Veggies and hummus – I have a slight obsession with hummus. I could eat it by the spoonful, but at the risk of getting weird looks, I eat it with veggies instead.
8. Parmesan broccoli – Freshly grated parmesan melted over a small serving of warm broccoli makes for a great afternoon bite.
9. Avocado toast – Slice avocado and place it on freshly toasted whole grain bread. This is also a super trendy snack at the moment and it will get you all kinds of envious looks.
Which snack are you going to try first?