As much as I LOVE the fall season, my skin doesn’t agree with me! The seasonal transition leaves me dealing with dry skin which is no fun. I decided to help my skin out & make an all natural moisturizing honey oat soap which has worked wonders for me! I had to share the recipe with you & the best part is this is super easy to make.
1/2 cup of rolled oats
2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of almond oil
1 pound of shea butter blocks
Optional: vanilla fragrance oil
mini baking pan
1. Put the shea butter blocks in the paper bowl.
2. Place the paper bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir the wax and add more time if necessary. Make sure the blocks are completely melted.
3. Add the almond oil and stir.
4. Add the honey and stir.
5. Add the rolled oats and stir.
* Optional add 10 drops of vanilla fragrance oil and mix.
6. Add the parchment paper to your baking pan. Pour the ingredients into the baking pan.
7. Sprinkle additional rolled oats to the top layer of your mold while its still melted.
8. Place the mold in the freezer for 3-4 hours. Remove the tray from the freezer, place your the entire soap mold on a cutting board and cut the soap into small bars.
Rolled oats remove dry skin by providing gentle exfoliation. Honey is extremely moisturizing for the skin and provides a natural glow. Almond oil relieves dry skin and provides deep moisture into your pores.
The delicious fragrance of this soap is unreal, you’ll seriously want to eat it! Place the soap blocks in a sealed container and wait 1 week for the ingredients to set before use.