Grab your hurricane glasses and throw on your Mardi Gras beads…it’s time to celebrate Festival season! Here are 4 yummy cocktail recipes that you can whip up for your friends to enjoy this fun holiday. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
- Squeeze juice from half a lime into cocktail shaker over ice.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into the cocktail shaker.
- Shakle well.
- Strain into a hurricane glass.
- Garnish with a cherry and an orange slice.
- 2 cups of freshly-brewed strong black tea*
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cup water
- 2 to 3 cups bourbon whiskey**
- 7-Up, ginger ale, or any lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
- In a large, freezer-safe container, mix together the tea, sugar, orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, water, and whiskey. Place in freezer and freeze at least 6 hours.
- When bourbon mixture is frozen (as frozen as it can get with liquor in it), take it out of freezer and blend the mixture in your blender for a few seconds. Return to freezer for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, remove frozen mixture from the freezer and let stand for approximately 5 minutes.
- To serve, scoop (an ice cream scoop works great) bourbon slush to fill a glass approximately 3/4 full. Top with lemon-lime beverage of your choice. Don’t stir, but let beverage coagulate with the frozen tea before drinking.
- 1 ounce Gin or Cognac
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau orange liqueur
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Pour the lemon juice, gin, and Cointreau into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well
- Strain into a chilled Champagne flute.
- Carefully fill with Champagne.
Mardi Gras Morning
- 1 oz King Cake vodka
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz cream
- Combine ingredients in a shaker and shake well
- Garnish a rocks glass with colorful sugar on the rim of the glass
- Fill glass with ice
- Pour drink into a rocks glass and enjoy