With Valentine’s Day around the corner, finding the perfect gift for that special person in your life, or your girlfriends, can be tough. If you’re looking to get crafty, we have you covered, in just 7 easy steps you can create beautiful soy candles to gift to your loved ones or set a romantic mood on Valentine’s Day. The possibilities for fragrance, colors and decorations are endless!
What You’ll Need:
Double Boiler – Large Pan and Pouring Pitcher
Pink Dye (optional)
Fragrance Oil – Romantic Rose
1 oz. Measuring Cup
1 – 16 oz. Glass Jar
1 Pound of Soy Wax Flakes
Pre-tabbed Candle Wick
Valentine’s Day Stickers, Jewels, Red Ribbon
1. Pour ¾ of a cup of water into the large pan and place it on top of the stove. Add 1 pound of soy wax flakes into the pouring pitcher and place the pitcher inside the large pan. Place the thermometer inside the pouring pitcher with the wax. Heat over medium-low until the wax has completely melted and reached 185°F.
2. Prep the glass jar while you wait for the wax to melt:
• Add one glue dot to the bottom of your pretabbed wick and center it down inside of the glass jar
• Add the wick holder to the top of your jar and wick to keep your pretabbed wick centered
3. Once the wax has reached 185°F turn off the heat and remove the pouring pitcher from the large pan. Pour 1oz. of fragrance oil into your measuring cup. Add 1 oz. of fragrance oil & 1 drop of pink dye (optional) to the melted wax.
4. Stir the scent/dye into the melted wax with a chopstick for 1 minute. Allow the wax cool down to 150°F.
5. Once the wax has reached 150°F pour the wax into the glass jar. Once you have poured the wax into the glass jar, do not move the glass jar as it needs to stay in place for proper cooling.
6. Allow your candle to cool for a few hours for the best results.
7. Lastly, decorate your candle by using the red ribbon to tie a cute bow around the glass jar. You can also add a few stickers and/or jewels for an extra sweet touch! Finally, trim the wick to ¼ of an inch before lighting your candle.
There’s nothing better than receiving a gift made with love! Your family and friends will surely enjoy your super cute personalized gift. If you’re looking to set a romantic mood for your honey, choose a fragrance like romantic rose or love spell. Turn off the room’s lights and allow your candles to illuminate your area, enjoy a candlelight dinner or snuggle up and watch a romantic flick!
Are you gifting your new creations or setting the mood for your honey?
Happy Valentine’s Day!