‘Tis the season to party! We’ve all had those fantastic nights, especially during the holidays, celebrating into the wee hours of the night, drinking, dancing and catching up with friends. But by 7am the next morning, you’re sleepy beyond belief and want to do anything possible to not look it. Well, before heading to work or your AM appointment, try these beauty tips and tricks to conceal the excess glasses of bubbly you just couldn’t resist. Here’s to looking super fresh and rested!
- Let’s begin with my plea to get you to wash your face, every night, no matter how exhausted you are and no matter how inviting your bed truly is. You’ll love yourself for waking up to a clean and moisturized face. If you must, reach for a makeup removing wipe. Follow up with a moisturizer, try coconut oil, or my current fave, maracuja oil.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: Drink 20 oz. of water as soon as you wake up, while you get ready. Squeeze lemon juice, half a lemon will do, to your water to help your body flush toxins. Drink green tea, followed by more water. Have coconut water throughout the day, a glass of Pedialyte, anything to replenish you and prevent dehydration. And more water, while you’re at it!
- Cool It! Soothe and smooth your eyes and skin with an ice cube. Running ice over your face will stimulate circulation, decrease inflammation, boost radiance and instantly make your skin look and feel firmer by minimizing the appearance of pores. Don’t keep ice over an area for too long, or you’ll irritate your skin. If eye swelling is your concern, keep frozen spoons over your eyes for a few minutes.
- Brighten and whiten! Reach for your eye drops to get rid of any eye redness. Add a drop or two in each eye.
- Moisturize! Massage your favorite moisturizer plus SPF, onto your face. Try a press-and-stroke motion to increase blood flow and remove toxins, plus dead skin cells.
- Reach for your BB cream. This will add additional moisture to your face and help conceal minor blemishes.
- Bat those lashes! While your moisturizer and BB cream dries, get to work on your lashes! Curl them to instantly look awake. Add two coats of mascara to hold your curl and look bright-eyed all day.
- Add peach eyeliner to your waterline to further brighten those peepers. If you prefer a bit more eye makeup, use navy eyeliner for an added eye brightening effect.
- Conceal, conceal, conceal! If you feel BB cream is not enough, use a beauty blender to apply your fave foundation. Next, use the triangle method to conceal dark under-eye circles, apply concealer from the inner corner of your eye, down to your nostril, and back up to the outer corner of your eye. Apply concealer to other blemishes you’d like to cover and be sure to blend well. Lightly set concealer and foundation with powder.
- Highlight! You don’t want to bring attention to a tired face, but a bit of highlighter on the browbone (under your brows) and in the inner corners of your eyes will make your eyes look beautifully bigger.
- Add color to your pout. No, you don’t have to commit to a serious lip, just a pretty shade of berry to enhance your natural lip color.
- Groom your brows! Instantly transform your face and frame your eyes with a few simple steps. First, comb your brows using a spoolie brush, next fill in any sparse areas, and finally, set in place with a gel. This will instantly highlight your face.
- Stimulate a natural glow with blush! A quick swipe or two will brighten your face.
- Finally reach for dry shampoo to freshen up your tresses, absorb oil and improve body and bounce.
What are some of your tricks for looking radiant and refreshed?