Black and gold are two major colors this fall. Black has long been a favorite color for most…simple and chic, not to mention slimming. The use of a metallic gold adds richness to bold blacks. Seen all over the runways from embellished shoes to trimmed jackets and mixed media bags, this color combination is sure to prove a winner this coming season.
Need some help working black and gold into all of the hottest fall trends? Here are some ideas for you:
1. One of my favorite trends this fall is the embellished trend, and it certainly looks the most chic in black and gold. Not only that, but black and gold accessories certainly add a little luxe to any embellished look. For some favorite embellished looks, check us out JustFab over on Pinterest.
2. Leather is sure to be one of the biggest trends this fall…from skirts and pants to dresses and tops, leather is looking fierce worn head to toe, and what better color to do that in than black?! Step it up a notch by adding some gold hardware, like a statement necklace or earrings. Or for a clean minimal look, try adding the gold in the zippers and hardware.
3. Fall has long been a favorite time to embrace the military theme. There are some amazing jackets and overcoats within this trend, all of which have been seen sporting oversized gold buttons. Not to mention how chic they look when paired with black leather leggings or black knee high boots.
4. This season there have been tons of high necks and turtlenecks, which, at times, can make us feel a little less than sexy. That being said, a great turtleneck worn with a black leather pencil skirt can look beyond sexy. Try adding a gold clutch for evening or great gold statement earring for day.
5. Last, but certainly not least, is all of the fun colorful faux fur I’ve been seeing everywhere. Nothing feels more Studio 54 disco than wearing a colored fur coat with a black strappy shoe and tons of gold jewelry.
I hope this helps you navigate your way through fall fashion with a greater sense of confidence!